I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by two fabulous mamma bloggers at A Three Grows in Brooklyn and Willis and We, thank you ladies! I wasn’t familiar with the elusive Liebster until I was nominated, but from what I’ve been told, it recognizes up and coming bloggers that have less than 200 followers. I think it’s a great way to promote fellow bloggers and introduce my readers to some great new blogs!
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
3. Pick up to 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to nominate
4. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Notify the nominees
1- What is your favorite time of the year and why? Ah, that’s tricky for me, I truthfully love something about every season. But growing up in New England, Fall has always been a favorite with the beautiful foliage, apple pies and of course Patriots football.
2- What is the number one lesson that motherhood has taught you [thus far]? I would say I have learnt to be a lot more understanding and less judgmental of others. To the moms chasing three screaming kids down the street with Cheerios stuck to her butt, I FINALLY understand. The well behaved kids in the GAP commercials are not real.
3- What is your typical morning routine? I wake up with the baby around 6am (her choice, not mine), she eats and then we both take a nap. I definitely feel like I’m back in college rolling out of bed at 9am, but college was great for a reason, wasn’t it?
4- Name your favorite place to grab coffee and how do you take it? My favorite coffee spot is called Atlas located on the LES, they make a mean chia latte.
5- City or suburbs? Ah, you’re hitting me with some hard questions. I love things about both, but for the past 7 years and for the foreseeable future, I’m a city girl.
6- How long does it take you to get ready before a night out? I would estimate maybe 30 minutes or so, probably less now with the baby. I think I’m middle of the road in terms of maintenance – I’m “medium” maintenance.
7- What do you enjoy most about writing/blogging? My main goal is to write and share my experiences to offer support, guidance, and a little humor to other new moms. I certainly don’t pretend to know it all, but if one person reads my blog and walks away with something…then I’m happy.
8- the most beautiful place you have ever visited? Hands down Oia in Santorini Greece, it’s a truly magical place.
9- What is your favorite dish to prepare on special occasions? I haven’t done a lot of baking since the baby was born, but I love making cupcakes for any occasion I can come up with – Merry Monday anyone?
10- What do you do when you need some downtime to unwind and regroup? Either by enjoying a glass of white wine or doing some yoga!
I want to nominate my cousin and his wife’s blog, Life Is Good Ferland, for the Liebster Award. They are Americans living in Sweden…check out their adventures!
My questions for them:
1. What has your favorite motherhood/fatherhood moment been (thus far)?
2. What is the one parenting “thing” you do that you swore you never would?
3. What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten and where did you have it?
4. If you won the lottery, what would you do first?
5. What is your dream vacation?
6. What is your preference, Salty or Sweet?
7. What is your all time favorite movie?
8. What was your best childhood vacation or family memory?
9. What do you like most about blogging?
10. What is the one thing you could never live without?